Monday, 26 August 2013

Cheese scones or Tea time on a bank holiday





As today is a bank holiday and I am not at work I thought I would treat myself to some cheese scones.  I am just about to curl up on the sofa with hot buttered scones, a cup of tea, a book and Ludo (my Shih Tzu) - a perfectly delightful way to end an afternoon.


Cheese Scones

9 oz self-raising flour
3 tsp baking powder
a large pinch of salt
2 tsp mustard powder
3 oz extra mature cheddar cheese - grated
4 tsp cooking oil
2 1/2 floz milk
2 1/2 floz water

Oven temperature 180 degrees.
  1. Mix oil, milk, water and egg together and put to one side.
  2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and mustard powder into a mixing bowl.
  3. Add and mix in cheddar.
  4. Add milk mixture and combine to form a light dough.
  5. Roll out on floured work surface to about 3/4" thick.
  6. Cut into rounds.
  7. Place on greaseproof paper on baking tray and cook on highest shelf in oven for about 17 minutes.
  8. Cool on a rack and serve whilst still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment