Monday, 26 August 2013

Coffee cupcakes - large

I have to share this recipe for coffee cupcakes. It was originally for a cake, but I amended it to suit. They are moist and light and I have eaten 3 without any icing on them they are so good. If you like coffee then you have to try them. 
 I am currently testing them out for freezing at the moment, so will take photos once they are out of the freezer.
Coffee cupcakes
8oz (225g) self raising flour
8oz (225g) very soft butter
8oz (225g) caster sugar
4 medium eggs
2 -3 tbsp of Camp coffee essence in 1 tbsp boiled water
Buttercream Icing:
3 oz very soft butter
8 oz icing sugar
1 tsp or to taste Camp coffee essence
Temp 180° C (Gas Mark 4/ 375F). 
Equipment:
Muffin tin (I used a 6 hole silicone one)
18 – 20 large cupcake cases
  1. Cream the butter with a hand held blender until lighter in colour. Add sugar and mix until soft.
  2. Break the eggs into a jug add the coffee essence and whisk.
  3. Add ¼ of the flour & ¼ of the eggs to the butter & mix until blended. Repeat until all the flour & eggs have been used.
  4. Place large cupcake cases into muffin tin tray and spoon the mixture into the cases (just over half fill the cases).
  5. Bake for 19 minutes (Timings were for my fan oven) or until tops are just beginning to crack or a toothpick comes out clean.
  6. Place on rack to cool.
Icing:
  1. Cream butter until lighter in colour.
  2. Add sugar and coffee essence to creamed butter and mix well.
  3. Pipe onto top of cooled cupcakes and decorate anyway you like – I suggest a single chocolate coffee bean is the way to go or some grated dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment