After my first ever attempts at entering items in the produce section of a show earlier in the month, getting a 2nd and two 3rds, I am very keen to have another go. Whilst we are on the subject, I will also be entering my pink grapefruit marmalade into the World Marmalade Championships in March 2014.
I think will enter the following items for Saturdays show:
- Strawberry, raspberry and blueberry jams
- Lemon curd
- plain and cheese scones
- And if I have time some gingerbread and possibly some shortbread.
The scones of course have to be cooked on the morning of the show, so that will be an early start for me....... No Saturday morning lay in. Since I have never made gingerbread I'd better start hunting out some recipes, seeing what is involved, practising and getting my valiant crew of taste testers at work on the case.
No time to be chatting here.............. I have recipes to find.
No comments:
Post a Comment